Spark Your Scholarship!
Are you a clinician interested in health professions education research and scholarship? Come for advice on your career options, and/or for some project specific consultation. Join our group of health professions education scientists to spark new ideas, receive constructive feedback on your works in progress, and network for collaboration.
Following participation, attendees will be able to:
- Describe different perspectives and paradigms for education scholarship.
- Identify the early steps required to collaborate in education scholarship.
- Make a more informed decision about participating in scholarly education projects.
12:00 - 12:30
12:30 - 1:30
Short, Provocative, Action-oriented, Realistic, and Knowledgeable (SPARK) talks
1:30 - 4:10
Facilitated roundtable discussions:
- Choosing a meaningful research topic and question
- Building and managing your research team
- Using theory in your research
- Conceptualizing and contrasting research and scholarship
4:10 - 4:30
Closing discussion and CUES objectives
Registration is required and space is limited – register by October 17, 2017
This event is accredited by the Office of Continuing Professional Development (CPD), Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto. This Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of The College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 4.00 Mainpro+ credits. This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada up to a maximum of 4.00 hours.