General Internal Medicine: Conference Scholarship Award
University of Toronto Division of General Internal Medicine
Conference Scholarship Award
Updated: June 2018
To encourage outstanding internal medicine residents at the University of Toronto to engage in academic projects in the field of general internal medicine.
Maximum of $500, towards covering the cost of attending a conference related to general internal medicine at which the resident is presenting a scientific abstract or clinical vignette.
Application Criteria and Process:
- The scientific abstract or clinical vignette must have been completed under the supervision or co-supervision of a U of T Division of General Internal Medicine (GIM) faculty member.
- The scientific abstract or clinical vignette should be presented at a conference related to General Internal Medicine (e.g., Canadian Society of Internal Medicine, Society of General Internal Medicine, International Conference on Residency Education, Canadian Conference on Medical Education, ACP Internal Medicine).
- Residents should submit a completed scholarship application form with supporting documentation.
- Residents will be notified of a decision within three weeks of the submission of their application.
- When two or more residents are co-authors of a scientific abstract or clinical vignette, each resident may apply separately for a General Internal Medicine Conference Scholarship.
- A resident is eligible to receive a maximum of one GIM Conference Scholarship per academic year.
- Recipients of the GIM Conference Scholarship should submit original receipts of their conference-related expenses to obtain reimbursement, up to a maximum of $500. Expenses exceeding $500 will not be reimbursed.
Note: Residents in the General Internal Medicine PGY4-5 Program should request support from Dr. Tara O’Brien, GIM program director (Tara.Obrien@wchospital.ca), through Ms. Hayley Spence, GIM administrative assistant (Hayley.Spence@wchospital.ca).