Call for Applications | Education Development Fund (EDF)
The Office of the Education Vice-Deans is pleased to announce the launch of the 2018 cycle of the Education Development Fund (EDF).
The Education Development Fund (EDF) is intended to support new and innovative projects that align with our Faculty’s strategic priorities in education. The EDF is a seed fund designed to encourage those who are transitioning to, or are newly engaged in, education scholarship to further their career development.
The application deadline is NOON, Wednesday February 14, 2018 and the application process is completed online. All information about the fund, eligibility, and application process can be found on the EDF website:
DOM Internal Review Deadline
- Deadline for submissions for internal review: Monday, January 8, 2018
- Feedback due back from reviewers: Friday, January 19, 2018
- Feedback returned to teams and decision on Internal Funding commitment: Monday, January 22, 2018
Education Development Fund Description
- Intended to support new and innovative projects aligned with our Faculty’s strategic directions in education around the core values of innovation, integration and impact in education.
- Principal Investigators (PI) and Co-PIs can only be faculty members who have not been PI or Co-PI on more than two previously funded education research grants.
- Awarded to initiatives focused on the design, implementation and evaluation of courses, programs and curricula including faculty development, continuing education and clinical learning initiatives.
- Eligible projects should consider the goal of broad implementation across our academic programs represented by the Vice-Deans of Education: MD Education, Post MD Education (Postgraduate & Continuing Professional Development), and Graduate and Life Sciences Education in the Faculty of Medicine (including basic sciences, and the rehabilitation sciences).
If you have any questions about the EDF fund, or the DOM Internal review process, please contact Dr. Ryan Brydges .