Call for Applications: IDCCM Scholars Program
The Interdepartmental Division of Critical Care Medicine (IDCCM) has announced a call for applications to the IDCCM Scholars Program.
The goal is to provide support and recognition for future research leaders in critical care. This program is for young investigators in the Interdepartmental Division of Critical Care Medicine (IDCCM). This will provide:
- Research support (operating funds) to facilitate early career research;
- Recognition (as named assistant professorship) to the recipient;
- Guaranteed participation to present a faculty talk at CCCF each year of their tenure.
The ultimate goal is to create a cohort of award recipients, raise the research profile in the field, and facilitate support and mentorship for subsequent generations of intensivists.
Financials: $20,000.00/year for two years (unrestricted operating funds), administered to their RI. Possibility of renewal for a third year based on review.
Eligibility: Assistant professor, clinician-scientist or clinician-educator focused on research, with an appointment in the IDCCM; within six (6) years of first independent academic appointment. Preference will be given to individuals who already have a clear track record of success as a researcher.
Application deadline: August 31, 2017
Announcement and start date for first scholar: October 1, 2017
- Current CV
- Letter of support from Hospital Department Chief, with guarantee of at least 50% research time
- Two (2) external references (from outside the individual’s hospital and University departments)
- Two (2) page outline (page 1: career to date and research goals for the next five years; page two: specific plans for a proposed project during the two to three years). One inch margins, Arial 11 point font.
A selection committee will include members of the IDCCM and the wider U of T community.
One award will be given out with plans for a second application round in 2018.
The name of the assistant professorship will depend on the institution at which the individual is based. All recipients will be referred to as “IDCCM Scholars.” A yearly summary of academic productivity is expected and will be reviewed by the application committee, with renewal of funding contingent on timely receipt of this summary.
Please send all required application material by the deadline (August 31, 2017) to Louisa Matela.