Postgraduate Waiver of Training Committee
The Department of Medicine’s Postgraduate Waiver of Training Committee reviews requests from residents who feel they have exceptional circumstances to have a portion of their training waived.
Terms of Reference
- Reviews individual requests for postgraduate waivers of training.
- Ensures there is a fair and consistent process for considering waivers across the department.
- Makes recommendations to Postgraduate Medical Education Office (PGME) for training to be waived.
- Director of Postgraduate Programs (Chair)
- One PGY-1 Entry Program Director
- Two to Three PGY-4 Subspecialty Program Directors
- One Resident Representative
Note – A committee member should exempt themselves from the process if a resident from their program is being considered. In the event that a resident from internal medicine applies the program director for the subspecialty they have matched to should not participate in the review.
This committee meets on an as-needed basis. Requests are typically reviewed at the end of each academic year.
Questions regarding this committee should be directed to the postgraduate programs coordinator.