David Cornfield Melanoma Fund Award
The University of Toronto (U of T) and the David Cornfield Melanoma Fund have jointly established the David Cornfield Melanoma Fund Award at U of T, with the purpose of supporting and advancing melanoma research. Under the direction and supervision of an advisory committee within the Faculty of Medicine, overseen by the Chair of the Department of Medicine, one annual award will be available to residents and fellows in the Department of Medicine, or a student in the Dalla Lana School of Public Health, who has demonstrated special interest and research achievements in the field of melanoma.
Application deadline: April 15, 2022
|March||A call will go out to all residents and fellows in the Department of Medicine, and graduate students in the Dalla Lana School of Public Health|
|April 15th||Applications due (details below)|
|mid-May||Notification of adjudication results released|
|July 1||Funding start date (can be delayed to September 1)|
|Six months following the end of the project||Final report submitted to the Department of Medicine|
The application should include the following and be sent as PDFs via email to the Research Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, by Friday, April 15, 2022. Please indicate "David Cornfield Melanoma Award" in the subject line.
- a one page description of your research
- a CV
- a brief letter of support from your supervising faculty member(s)
- Applicants must:
- clearly identify their faculty supervisor
- show a demonstrated special interest and research achievements in the field of melanoma
- In the event that the advisory committee does not agree on an applicant in a given year, the award will be withheld until the following year’s submissions