Funding Opportunities & Awards
Funding Databases & Notification Services
- Research and Innovation Research Funding Opportunities
- Providing information about various sponsor opportunities, as well as specific U of T internal deadlines. If you are applying through your hospital research institute please check for their internal deadlines.
- Research Alerts from the Office of the Vice President Research and Innovation
- Signing up for research alerts is a great way to stay up-to-date with new funding opportunities. You can customize what you are interested in and will receive email notifications. A UTORid is required to sign up for these alerts.
- PIVOT: Research Funding Opportunity Database by ProQuest
- Similar to research alerts, but with a much larger number of funding opportunties, PIVOT allows you to create a profile and customize the type of opportuntiy notifications you receive. Both a UTORid and a @utoronto.ca email are required to set up your profile, although notifications can be forwarded to TAHSN hospital emails.
- 'What's New in Research Funding' Newsletter
- Created by the Faculty of Medicine Research Office, this currated list of funding opportunities and research focused events is sent out multiple times a month. You can sign up to receive it directly to your inbox by joining their mailing list.
The Department of Medicine offers two research awards each year - Eaton Scholar Researcher of the Year Award and the William Goldie Prize and Travel Award for Research, both of which are nominated and ajudicated by physican-in-chiefs, Department of Medicine vice-chairs and the department Chair. These are announced at the Department of Medicine Annual Day Celebration.
The Faculty of Medicine maintains a listing of Upcoming Award Deadlines. If you nominate a Department of Medicine faculty member, or apply yourself, please notify the Research Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grant Development Services
The Faculty of Medicine Research Office offers Grant Development services that focus on writing and editing grant proposals. If you are submitting your grant via University of Toronto this service is offered free of charge.
For questions and further information please contact: email@example.com