Terms of Reference
The committee is advisory to the Faculty Lead, Wellness, and is expected to support the Faculty Lead in all aspects of the role, including but not limited to:
- Creating meaningful benchmarks to measure the success of the overall portfolio
- Developing and implementing initiatives to improve wellness among faculty at the DoM
- Acting as local hospital and/or division wellness representatives
- Developing and supporting communication plans around wellness in the DoM
- Assisting in grassroots dissemination of DoM wellness strategies
The committee will reflect the diversity of the University of Toronto Department of Medicine faculty, representing all job descriptions, divisions, hospitals, and equal membership from junior, intermediate, and senior level faculty members.
Each academic hospital unit will have a representative appointed by the Physician-in-Chief. Each division is encouraged, though not required, to have a wellness representative on the committee as well.
Committee mandate and role
The committee will meet monthly from September to June. The committee will be supported by the DOM Coordinator, Culture and Inclusion.
All committee members are expected to:
- Attend a minimum of four committee meetings each year.
- Participate in meetings with a focus on developing, implementing and evaluating strategies to optimize wellness in the Department of Medicine.
- Provide input into completion of these tasks.
- Participate in dissemination of results of initiatives.
- Liaise with their PIC or DDD on the committee activities