Oct 25, 2017 | 12:00pm - 1:00pm
City-Wide Medical Grand Rounds
City-Wide Medical Grand Rounds: Antoine M. Hakim
2017 Canada Gairdner Wightman Award recipient
A New Era: Stroke is More Treatable, Dementia is More Preventable
Antoine M. Hakim, MD, FRCPC
Senior Scientist Emeritus, Neuroscience Program, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Appreciate the major progress achieved in our ability to treat evident strokes,
- Compare the different challenges overt and covert strokes present, and
- Appreciate that vascular disease is a major potentially preventable driver of dementia.
- UHN – Toronto General Hospital – Medical Education, Eaton Ground 025/026
- Baycrest – Telehealth Boardroom
- Sinai Health – Bridgepoint – G.001
- Sinai Health – Mount Sinai Hospital – Main Auditorium, 18th Floor
- St. Michael's – LKSKI - Keenan Research Centre Auditorium - 2nd fl.
- Sunnybrook – Bayview – McLaughlin Lecture Theatre, EG 61
- Sunnybrook – St. John’s Rehab – S3 Room 332
- Trillium Health Partners – Credit Valley – 4F119
- Trillium Health Partners – Mississauga – Enbridge Room
- UHN – Toronto Western – Main Auditorium, 2W 401
- West Park – R3 Sunroom
- Women’s College – Auditorium, Rm. 2501
Questions will be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and Twitter:Webcast available.