Jan 15, 2020 | 12:00pm - 1:00pm
City-Wide Medical Grand Rounds
City-Wide Medical Grand Rounds: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Academic Medicine: Setting the Stage for Diverse Human Flourishing
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in Academic Medicine: Setting the Stage for Diverse Human Flourishing
Saleem Razack, MD, FRCPC
Director of the Office of Social Accountability and Community Engagement & Professor of Pediatrics and Health Sciences Education,
Staff Intensivist and Division Director, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Montreal Children’s Hospital,
McGill University, Montréal, QC
At the end of the presentation, participants should be able to:
- Define equity, diversity, and inclusion as relevant to the context of academic medicine.
- Identify the characteristics of inclusive leadership.
- Analyze institutional policies, practices, and culture for their inclusiveness to diverse persons, and accountability to marginalized populations.
- Consider their own context of academic medicine for best practices in equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Unity Health – St. Michael's Hospital
LKSKI: Keenan Research Centre auditorium - 2nd fl.
- Michael Garron
Gray Steele conference room
- Sinai Health
Bayview: McLaughlin Lecture Theatre, EG 61
St. John's Rehab: S3 332
- Trillium Health Partners
Credit Valley: 1A221 Surgical Oncology Meeting Room
Mississauga: 432B Front Porch B
- Unity Health
St. Joseph's: Sunnyside Building Room 2S.257
- University Health Network
Toronto General: Medical Education, Eaton Ground 025/026
Toronto Western: Main auditorium, 2W 401
- West Park
- Women's College
Questions will be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and Twitter.
Evaluation & Attendance:
Attendance for Maintenance of Certification credit will only be tracked if evaluation and attendance surveys are completed.
CWMGR Poster - 20-01-15.pdf
Christian Basechristian.email@example.com 4169784499