CPD COVID-19 Webinar Series: Toronto Cognitive Assessment (TorCA) and BNA-SF: Virtual Cognitive Assessment Beyond the MMSE and MoCA
Faculty of Medicine Office of Continuing Professional Development COVID-19 Webinar Series:
Toronto Cognitive Assessment (TorCA) and Behavioural Neurology Assessment (MNA-SF): Virtual Cognitive Assessment Beyond the MMSE and MoCA
The virtual MMSE and MoCA provide a basic assessment of cognitive function. In this webinar, we will demonstrate a more in-depth approach to virtual evaluation of cognitive function using the Behavioural Neurology Assessment (BNA-SF) and the Toronto Cognitive Assessment (TorCA). Both tests have been adopted as standards within the Toronto Dementia Research Alliance, and can be administered by health care professionals or trained assistants.
Register to join us on Friday, July 3, 2020 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (ET).
At the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Administer the BNA-SF virtually
- Supplement the BNA-SF with items from the TorCA for more in-depth cognitive assessment when required in selected cases
- Discuss the limitations of virtual cognitive assessments using the BNA-SF and TorCA
Morris Freedman MD FRCPC FAAN
Professor, Department of Medicine (Neurology), University of Toronto
Head, Division of Neurology, Baycrest
Medical Director, Cognition and Behaviour, Baycrest
Scientist, Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada – Section 3 – 1 hour
- College of Family Physicians Canada – 1 Mainpro+ credit